Chicago Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Debt Reorganization to Build a Brighter Financial Future
If you are dealing with constant debt collection efforts by creditors, overwhelming debt, foreclosure, and other financial issues, you may be able to reorganize your debt and make payments over a three to five-year period, after which time any remaining eligible debt will be discharged. This is accomplished by filing for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. Once you file your bankruptcy petition, foreclosure and all debt collection efforts against you must immediately cease. This protection will remain in effect through the life of your Chapter 13 bankruptcy case.
Due to the complexity of these proceedings and the tremendous impact they will have on your financial situation now and into the future, it is important to work with a Chicago bankruptcy attorney. With knowledge in this often misunderstood area of law, a skilled attorney can provide information that applies to your particular case, concerns, and goals. With over a decade in practice and a commitment to client service, the team at Trifonova Law, P.C. stands prepared to help you.
Call us at (877) 544-3394 to learn more about Chapter 13 and how it may benefit you.
Why Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
A debtor may experience a number of advantages with a Chapter 13 reorganization:
- Chapter 13 allows you to save your home and other nonexempt property that would otherwise be liquidated under Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- When you file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy petition, all creditors must stop debt collection efforts against you.
- This automatic stay will remain in place for the duration of your Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 can stop foreclosure proceedings and may allow you to pay delinquent mortgage payments over time.
- You can reschedule secured debts and extend them over the life of your repayment plan, which can lower payments.
Contact us at (877) 544-3394 and work with a knowledgeable Chicago Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer.